UAE’s Borouge to expand petchem output two-fold by end-2014
The company started up its 1.5 million tons/year Borouge 3 ethane cracker in Ruwais at the start of June. Once the expansion project is fully completed, the company will expand its capacity more than two fold to 4.5 million tons/year from its existing capacity of 2 million tons/year.
The company has the capacities of 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.11 million tons/year of PE and 800,000 tons/year of PP at its Borouge 1 and Borouge 2 complexes. The entire Borouge 3 complex is expected to be fully operational by the end of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs