UAE to implement 5% VAT as of January, 2018
The UAE’s Minister of State for Financial Affairs Obaid Humaid Al Tayer said that GCC countries are now working on a framework for the new VATs set to be phased in throughout the region and added that when they agreed on the implementation of the VAT, the countries will have flexibility of one year, from January 1, 2018 to January 1, 2019, to implement it.
The UAE is expected to raise around Dh12 billion ($3.26 billion) in the first year of the new VAT application.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years