UK based company to supply styrene to Egypt’s E-Styrenics
The Egyptian producer, who has a total PS production capacity of 200,000 tons/year, which is divided evenly by 100,000 tons/year between GPPS and HIPS, has kept its plant shut since April 2015 due to styrene monomer constraints.
This week, the company revealed that they reached an agreement with a UK based company as they signed an annual contract for the supply of styrene. New Perspective is to supply E-Styrenics with roughly 100,000 tons of styrene and the British company will have the marketing rights for E-Styrencis’ production for both the export and local markets.
“We have not made any production plans yet but we expect to resume our operations within the next two months. Currently our notional prices are very competitive since Asian imports have been recording very large increases in line with firmer styrene costs in that region,” added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE stabilizes in Turkey and SEA, buyers remain skeptical
- China homo-PP market keeps dropping as bearish factors prevail
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets signal further weakness towards year-end
- Asian styrenics rise cautiously as sellers wager on higher costs
- Is 6-month downturn over in European PP markets?
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports