UK car manufacturing reached record levels in 2014
The report showed that in addition to manufacturing output, vehicle sales, jobs and exports also grew on the year. The improvements were mostly attributed to gains in productivity as a result of more efficient investment and high-tech manufacturing processes.
Total waste to landfill from all automotive production, meanwhile, decreased by 26.3% in 2014 posting a total decrease of 92.3% since 2000. Water and energy use also posted decreases of 10.7% and 10% on the year respectively while CO2 emissions per vehicle declined 5% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure