UK car manufacturing reached record levels in 2014
The report showed that in addition to manufacturing output, vehicle sales, jobs and exports also grew on the year. The improvements were mostly attributed to gains in productivity as a result of more efficient investment and high-tech manufacturing processes.
Total waste to landfill from all automotive production, meanwhile, decreased by 26.3% in 2014 posting a total decrease of 92.3% since 2000. Water and energy use also posted decreases of 10.7% and 10% on the year respectively while CO2 emissions per vehicle declined 5% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East