UK car manufacturing reached record levels in 2014
The report showed that in addition to manufacturing output, vehicle sales, jobs and exports also grew on the year. The improvements were mostly attributed to gains in productivity as a result of more efficient investment and high-tech manufacturing processes.
Total waste to landfill from all automotive production, meanwhile, decreased by 26.3% in 2014 posting a total decrease of 92.3% since 2000. Water and energy use also posted decreases of 10.7% and 10% on the year respectively while CO2 emissions per vehicle declined 5% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe