UK economic growth misses estimates for Q4 2014
The data showed that the country’s services sector grew by 0.8% while production declined 0.1%. Construction was down 1.8% in the fourth quarter of 2014.
According to the ONS, the UK economy expanded 2.6% in the previous year while the International Monetary Fund (IMF) kept its growth forecast for the UK unchanged at 2.7% for 2015 and slightly lowered its predicted growth for 2016 to 2.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs