UK economic growth misses estimates for Q4 2014
The data showed that the country’s services sector grew by 0.8% while production declined 0.1%. Construction was down 1.8% in the fourth quarter of 2014.
According to the ONS, the UK economy expanded 2.6% in the previous year while the International Monetary Fund (IMF) kept its growth forecast for the UK unchanged at 2.7% for 2015 and slightly lowered its predicted growth for 2016 to 2.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets