UK economic growth rate revised down for Q2 and Q3
The UK’s annualized economic growth in the third quarter was also reduced to 1.8% from 1.9%. Weaker than anticipated financial sector growth was cited as the main reason behind the downward revisions. Analysts commented that slower growth figures will pressure the Bank of England to maintain interest at record low rates rather than follow the US Federal Reserve’s move to lift interest rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?