UK economic growth rate revised down for Q2 and Q3
The UK’s annualized economic growth in the third quarter was also reduced to 1.8% from 1.9%. Weaker than anticipated financial sector growth was cited as the main reason behind the downward revisions. Analysts commented that slower growth figures will pressure the Bank of England to maintain interest at record low rates rather than follow the US Federal Reserve’s move to lift interest rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets evaluate possible impact of border closure with Iran
- Asia’s firm PVC sentiment shows signs of faltering amid competitive Chinese offers
- Recovering downstream activity supports sentiment for PET bottle in China
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe