UK economic growth rate revised down for Q2 and Q3
The UK’s annualized economic growth in the third quarter was also reduced to 1.8% from 1.9%. Weaker than anticipated financial sector growth was cited as the main reason behind the downward revisions. Analysts commented that slower growth figures will pressure the Bank of England to maintain interest at record low rates rather than follow the US Federal Reserve’s move to lift interest rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?