UK economic growth slows down in Q3
On a yearly basis, the UK’s GDP grew by 2.8% in the third quarter of 2014. According to the Office for National Statistics, the service sector, the largest part of the country’s economy, posted an increase of 0.7%. The country’s industrial production and construction output increased 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively, in the third quarter while the UK manufacturing sector also grew by 0.4%, the lowest level posted since the first quarter of 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons