UK economic growth slows down in Q3
On a yearly basis, the UK’s GDP grew by 2.8% in the third quarter of 2014. According to the Office for National Statistics, the service sector, the largest part of the country’s economy, posted an increase of 0.7%. The country’s industrial production and construction output increased 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively, in the third quarter while the UK manufacturing sector also grew by 0.4%, the lowest level posted since the first quarter of 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations