UK economy grows 0.7% in Q2
The ONS downwardly revised the country’s business investment growth to 1.6% from 2.9% in the second quarter while the data also showed that exports rose 1.9% in the same period.
Meanwhile, the UK may increase interest rates on the back of the ongoing expansion in the economy, although the country’s current inflation rate is still below the Bank of England’s (BOE) target of 2%. According to the BOE, the UK may increase rates in the second quarter of next year; however for now, concerns about the persistently slowing Chinese economy and the tepid global recovery are encouraging the bank to keep rates at a record low of 0.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa