UK economy grows at faster than expected pace in Q4
The ONS also revised the annual growth for the last quarter to 3% from the previously estimated growth rate of 2.7%. For the full year of 2014, the UK’S GDP expanded 2.8%, according to today’s data.
The data showed that the country’s exports rose at the fastest pace since 2013 at 4.6% while imports climbed 1.6% in the last quarter. The UK’s services output grew 0.9% in the fourth quarter while production output increased 0.2% from an earlier estimate of 0.1%. However, construction output fell 2.2% in the three months ending December. The country’s household spending increased 0.6% in the October-December period of the previous year while business investment declined 0.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness