UK economy slows in Q1
The deceleration was attributed to the slowing services sector, which grew 0.5% in the first quarter, posting the lowest level since the second quarter of 2013. The data also showed that the country’s manufacturing declined 0.1% while the construction sector contracted 1.6% in the January- March period.
On a yearly basis, the UK economy posted its lowest growth rate in more than a year of 2.4% in the first quarter of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months