UK factory output declines in July, sees biggest drop in a year
On the other hand, ONS remarked that overall industrial output for the month of July beat economists’ initial expectations of a 0.2% drop and unexpectedly increased 0.1% on a monthly basis with the support of strong oil and gas production.
Oil and gas production were healthy in July since the shutdown at Buzzard oil field in the North Sea, which was supposed to take place in July, was postponed to September. The manufacturing sector was mostly influenced from the fall in the pharmaceuticals sector along with declines recorded in other sectors.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month