UK factory output declines in July, sees biggest drop in a year
On the other hand, ONS remarked that overall industrial output for the month of July beat economists’ initial expectations of a 0.2% drop and unexpectedly increased 0.1% on a monthly basis with the support of strong oil and gas production.
Oil and gas production were healthy in July since the shutdown at Buzzard oil field in the North Sea, which was supposed to take place in July, was postponed to September. The manufacturing sector was mostly influenced from the fall in the pharmaceuticals sector along with declines recorded in other sectors.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand