UK industrial output declines in January
Production in the computer, electronic and optical sectors slid 9.5% in January, posting the biggest monthly decline since 2002 while the country’s manufacturing output also decreased 0.5% on a monthly basis. However, the UK’s and gas production rose 2.4% on the month due to higher production at North Sea oil and gas fields.
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, the country’s industrial output climbed 1.3% while manufacturing rose 1.9% when compared to the same period of the last year.
In last quarter of 2014, the UK economy posted the slowest quarterly economic growth in a year with a growth rate of 0.5% while the country’s economy grew 2.6% to post the fastest growth in seven years for the full year of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record