UK industrial output drops unexpectedly in June
The decreased was attributed to a 5.8% drop in oil and gas output, the biggest drop posted since January 2014. In the April-June period, meanwhile, industrial output posted an increase 0f 0.7%.
According to a purchasing managers index (PMI) published by Markit Economics, the country’s manufacturing activity remains almost stagnant (down 0.3%) on the month while services output declined slightly compared with last month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low