UK industrial output posts strongest gain in 6 months in March
The increase was attributed to higher oil and gas extraction, which rose 4.9% to post the largest gain since February 2014. The data also showed that manufacturing output recorded a monthly increase of 0.4%, beating Bloomberg economists’ estimates, which called for a gain of 0.3%.
In the first quarter of this year, meanwhile, the country’s industrial output figure was revised to an increase of 0.1% from a decline of 0.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops