UK industrial output posts strongest growth since 1999
The data showed that the country’s industrial output increased 0.1% on the month in June in line with the economists’ estimates following a 0.6% decrease in May.
The UK’s trade gap in goods grew to 12.409 billion pounds ($16 billion) in June when compared to 11.526 billion pounds ($15 billion) in May, exceeding economists’ estimates which called for 10.0 billion. Goods and services imports posted a record reaching 48.928 billion pounds ($63 billion).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs