UK industrial output posts the biggest decline in four years
Industrial production decreased by 1.1% on a yearly basis, missing economists’ expectations which called for a 0.5% rise. Manufacturing output also decreased 0.9% and fell below the forecasts which called for a growth of 0.2%.
On a yearly basis, manufacturing output was down by 0.4% and exceeded the forecasts which called for a decline of 0.7%. Industrial production also declined by 1.1% year-on-year and stood below the expectations of a growth of 0.5%.
Economists reportedly expect the economy to recover quickly in the coming quarters following the completion of the maintenance at a major oilfield while they think it does not seem likely in the near term for the production and exports to rebalance sustainably.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months