UK manufacturing PMI accelerates to 3-month high in Jan
Economists commented that UK growth is driven by the domestic market whereas new export orders remain in decline and manufacturers continue to lay off staff.
According to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the UK’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose 0.5% in the last quarter of 2015 from the previous quarter’s 0.4% on the back of a stronger services industry while industrial production contracted 0.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally