UK manufacturing PMI accelerates to 3-month high in Jan
Economists commented that UK growth is driven by the domestic market whereas new export orders remain in decline and manufacturers continue to lay off staff.
According to data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the UK’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose 0.5% in the last quarter of 2015 from the previous quarter’s 0.4% on the back of a stronger services industry while industrial production contracted 0.2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov