UK new car registrations down in Dec, hit record high in 2016
The data showed that the new car registrations increased 2.3% on a yearly basis to reach 2,692,786 units in 2016. The latest figure was reported to be in line with the expectations.
The data also showed that demand for alternatively fueled vehicles was strongly up by 22.2% in 2016 although diesel and petrol cars, which have a market share of 47.7% and 49% respectively, were still by far the mostly-preferred types of cars.
According to the data, the biggest growth was seen in fleets with 1.38 million units. In addition, the number of private buyers registering a new car in 2016 reached a record high with 1.2 million units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure