UK new car registrations down in Dec, hit record high in 2016
The data showed that the new car registrations increased 2.3% on a yearly basis to reach 2,692,786 units in 2016. The latest figure was reported to be in line with the expectations.
The data also showed that demand for alternatively fueled vehicles was strongly up by 22.2% in 2016 although diesel and petrol cars, which have a market share of 47.7% and 49% respectively, were still by far the mostly-preferred types of cars.
According to the data, the biggest growth was seen in fleets with 1.38 million units. In addition, the number of private buyers registering a new car in 2016 reached a record high with 1.2 million units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?