UK new car registrations up 8.6% in September
It was reported that demand for diesel vehicles remained strong despite Volkswagen’s breaking emissions scandal. The data showed that sales for Volkswagen’s cars increased almost 4% while demand for Volkswagen-owned Audi rose around 11% in September. However, according to SMMT Chief Executive Mike Hawes, it is a bit early to say that the recent scandal did not affect the country’s vehicle sales.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets