UK new car registrations up 8.6% in September
It was reported that demand for diesel vehicles remained strong despite Volkswagen’s breaking emissions scandal. The data showed that sales for Volkswagen’s cars increased almost 4% while demand for Volkswagen-owned Audi rose around 11% in September. However, according to SMMT Chief Executive Mike Hawes, it is a bit early to say that the recent scandal did not affect the country’s vehicle sales.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem