UK retail sales beat estimates in April
Sales for food rose 0.1% while sales for non-food products also climbed 2.5% in March. Colder than usual weather also pulled down spending in March and April, which damaged demand for spring and summer clothes. However, the ONS reported clothing sales rose 1.3% on the month thanks to price reductions while all retail categories showed increases.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months