UK retail sales beat estimates in November
The increases in the country’s retail sales were attributed to higher sales for electrical appliances and household goods owing to Black Friday discounted sales. The country’s retail sales for electrical appliances surged 32% while sales at household goods stores increased 17% year over year to post their strongest level since 1997. On a yearly basis, the country’s retail sales including auto fuel rose 6.4% in November compared with the same period of the previous year, posting the biggest increase since May 2004.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm