UK retail sales drop unexpectedly in June
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, UK retail sales including fuel rose 4% in June on a yearly basis. Economists’ initial estimates had called for a gain of 4.8%. The country’s yearly retail sales growth posted the slowest pace of expansion on a yearly basis since September 2014.
Meanwhile, retail sales excluding auto fuel also dropped 0.2% in June, missing economists’ initial estimates, which called for a gain of 0.4%. On a yearly basis, sales growth slowed to 4.2% after increasing 4.5% in May while the ONS added that this was the longest period of sustained yearly growth since May 2008.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe