UK retail sales fall at faster pace than expected in Jan
On a yearly basis, the retail sales increased 5.4% in January from 4% in the preceding month while they fell below economists’ estimates calling for an increase of 5.9%. The country’s retail sales excluding auto fuel climbed 4.8% in January compared with the same period of the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic