UK retail sales rise for second straight month in May
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, UK retail sales including fuel grew 4.6% in May in line with expectations. The country’s retail yearly sales figures have posted the longest sustained growth since May 2008.
Meanwhile, retail sales excluding auto fuel also increased 0.2% in May following a 0.8% gain in the previous month, posting a fourth consecutive increase. On a yearly basis, however, sales growth slowed to 4.4% after increasing 4.6% in April, although yearly growth for May still exceeded economists’ expectations, which called for a growth rate of 4.3%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness