UK retail sales rise for second straight month in May
On a yearly basis, meanwhile, UK retail sales including fuel grew 4.6% in May in line with expectations. The country’s retail yearly sales figures have posted the longest sustained growth since May 2008.
Meanwhile, retail sales excluding auto fuel also increased 0.2% in May following a 0.8% gain in the previous month, posting a fourth consecutive increase. On a yearly basis, however, sales growth slowed to 4.4% after increasing 4.6% in April, although yearly growth for May still exceeded economists’ expectations, which called for a growth rate of 4.3%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns