UK’s industrial output falls more than forecast in Dec
The decrease was attributed to lower electricity and gas production, which dipped 5.4% on the month in December. Manufacturing fell 0.2% on the year while it posted a decrease of 1.7% compared with the same month of 2014. This represented the largest annual decline since 2013.
In the final quarter of 2015, the UK’s factory output dropped 0.5%, posting the largest decline since the first quarter of 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull