UK’s industrial output falls more than forecast in Dec
The decrease was attributed to lower electricity and gas production, which dipped 5.4% on the month in December. Manufacturing fell 0.2% on the year while it posted a decrease of 1.7% compared with the same month of 2014. This represented the largest annual decline since 2013.
In the final quarter of 2015, the UK’s factory output dropped 0.5%, posting the largest decline since the first quarter of 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect