UK’s industrial production falls unexpectedly in Nov
In November, the UK’s energy output and mining and quarrying production declined 1.8% and 1.6%, respectively, while manufacturing output also dropped 0.4%, contrary to expectations of an increase of 0.1%.
On a yearly basis, the UK’s industrial output increased 0.9%; however, the rise represented the weakest rate of growth since July. Meanwhile, manufacturing output dropped 1.2% on the year, exceeding economists’ estimations of a 0.8% fall.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect