UK’s retail sales post unexpected recovery in July
The data showed that retail sales excluding auto fuel moved higher by 1.5% in July. Food sales were up 0.6% after sliding 1% in June while retail sales for textiles, clothing and footwear increased 3.5% during the same period. Retail sales for watches and jewelry, meanwhile, climbed 3.1% on the month and 16.6% from a year earlier, posting the strongest growth since November 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China