UK’s retail sales rise in Nov
The data also showed that average prices in stores were up by 0.1% year on year with the largest contribution from petrol stations. This was also the first increase on a yearly basis since June 2004.
The total amount spent in the retail industry rose by 0.5% month on month and by 5.9% year on year. Meanwhile, the amount spent on online purchasing also grew by 3% from October and by 24.9% from the same period of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports