UK’s retail sales rise in Nov
The data also showed that average prices in stores were up by 0.1% year on year with the largest contribution from petrol stations. This was also the first increase on a yearly basis since June 2004.
The total amount spent in the retail industry rose by 0.5% month on month and by 5.9% year on year. Meanwhile, the amount spent on online purchasing also grew by 3% from October and by 24.9% from the same period of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene