UK unveils its first plastic banknote
The new plastic banknote will officially enter into circulation on September 13 while paper £5 banknotes will be completely removed from circulation next year. According to the bank, the new plastic notes are more durable, cleaner and harder to counterfeit than the current paper ones.
The new banknote will reportedly be followed by a £10 note featuring writer Jane Austen next year and a £20 bill with painter J.M.W. Turner by 2020.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years