UPDATE: PIMAS to transfer operations to Kartepe, Turkey
The company previously reported in a statement that its Gebze production plant, the company’s only plant in Turkey, would be permanently shut as of March 31. Lower profitability and zoning and licensing issues as well as infrastructure deficiencies were cited as the main reasons behind their decision. The company reported that the new plant houses new extrusion and laminate coating lines with improved technology.
PIMAS was founded in 1963 and Pimapen, the company’s most prominent brand, has a retail network consisting of more than 1,400 distributors.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem