UPDATE: PIMAS to transfer operations to Kartepe, Turkey
The company previously reported in a statement that its Gebze production plant, the company’s only plant in Turkey, would be permanently shut as of March 31. Lower profitability and zoning and licensing issues as well as infrastructure deficiencies were cited as the main reasons behind their decision. The company reported that the new plant houses new extrusion and laminate coating lines with improved technology.
PIMAS was founded in 1963 and Pimapen, the company’s most prominent brand, has a retail network consisting of more than 1,400 distributors.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe