US April PS output, sales fall on the year: ACC
Data showed that GPPS production fell 9% to slightly below 207.4 million lb (approximately 94,000 tons) in April from 228 million lb (approximately 103,000 tons) in the same month of 2015 while HIPS production fell 5.15% to around 156 million lb (approximately 71,000 tons) from 164 million lb (approximately 74,000 tons) in April 2015.
Total sales and captive use for GPPS fell 5.39% to around 213.6 million lb (approximately 97,000 tons) in April from 225.7 million lb (approximately 102,000 tons) in the same month of 2015 while HIPS total sales and captive use also fell 8.6% to 147.8 million lb (approximately 67,000 tons) compared with 161.7 million lb (approximately 73,000 tons) a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect