US Chevron to shut their Saudi Arabian unit in Kuwaiti oilfield
The company pointed to the problems when getting work permits from Kuwaiti authorities on behalf of their expatriate staff for the closure decision.
A source from the company reportedly said that the difficulties in securing work permits and materials may impact the company’s ability to safely continue production. However, it was also underlined that efforts continue in order to solve the problem.
Should Wafra oilfield be closed, Kuwait would feel the effects of this loss the most. Wafra oilfield is reported to have 200,000-250,000 bbl/day of heavy crude oil production capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers