US Chevron to shut their Saudi Arabian unit in Kuwaiti oilfield
The company pointed to the problems when getting work permits from Kuwaiti authorities on behalf of their expatriate staff for the closure decision.
A source from the company reportedly said that the difficulties in securing work permits and materials may impact the company’s ability to safely continue production. However, it was also underlined that efforts continue in order to solve the problem.
Should Wafra oilfield be closed, Kuwait would feel the effects of this loss the most. Wafra oilfield is reported to have 200,000-250,000 bbl/day of heavy crude oil production capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May