US-China trade relations worsen as tariffs by both sides come into effect
According to a list published by the Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR), propylene copolymers, HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, PP, PS, EPS, SAN, ABS, PVC, and PET imports from China are now subject to a 25% additional tariff while the Chinese retaliation included similarly sized taxes on various US goods, including LLDPE, HDPE and ethylene dichloride.
The first tranche of tariffs on approximately $34 billion of imports from China had gone into effect on July 6.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe