US-China trade talks back on track
The world’s two largest economies agreed to hold off new tariffs against each other’s products and the negotiating teams from both sides would work on specific issues, the official state-run press agency of China reported. However, the countries did not provide any detail regarding the specific issues under discussion.
Although the global markets showed signs of relief on news of the resumption in the US-China trade talks, economists remained doubting. Economists’ reactions to the ceasefire highlighted the fact that the countries provided little clarity on the process of resolving the ongoing economical disputes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China