US Dec manufacturing PMI hits 21-month high
The rise was attributed to the increasing rate of employment and inventory building in December, which counterbalanced the weaker rises in output and new orders.
The data also showed that the improvement in economic conditions and customers’ willingness to spend had a big influence on the recent increase in new work.
Meanwhile, the growth in new orders reached its strongest of almost two years although it partially decreased from November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey