US FED keeps rates stable, one more possible hike in December
The economy grew at a 2.9% annualized pace in the July-September period, expanding more than double the growth rate of the previous quarter. Nevertheless, rate hikes were delayed owing to slowing global growth at the beginning of this year, the US employment rate and Brexit.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen was quoted as saying that one rate hike is possible before the end of this year in the case of higher employment and inflation rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe