US FED keeps rates stable, one more possible hike in December
The economy grew at a 2.9% annualized pace in the July-September period, expanding more than double the growth rate of the previous quarter. Nevertheless, rate hikes were delayed owing to slowing global growth at the beginning of this year, the US employment rate and Brexit.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen was quoted as saying that one rate hike is possible before the end of this year in the case of higher employment and inflation rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?