US FED keeps rates stable, one more possible hike in December
The economy grew at a 2.9% annualized pace in the July-September period, expanding more than double the growth rate of the previous quarter. Nevertheless, rate hikes were delayed owing to slowing global growth at the beginning of this year, the US employment rate and Brexit.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen was quoted as saying that one rate hike is possible before the end of this year in the case of higher employment and inflation rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019