US FED keeps rates stable, one more possible hike in December
The economy grew at a 2.9% annualized pace in the July-September period, expanding more than double the growth rate of the previous quarter. Nevertheless, rate hikes were delayed owing to slowing global growth at the beginning of this year, the US employment rate and Brexit.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen was quoted as saying that one rate hike is possible before the end of this year in the case of higher employment and inflation rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market