US Feb manufacturing PMI continued to increase
The expansion was attributed to the improving domestic economic conditions and an increase in investment spending among energy sector clients.
The data also showed that the rate of job creation fell only slightly in February from a month earlier but it was still high, which caused manufacturers to hire more staff and increase their purchasing activity.
Plus, there was a jump in prices for raw materials in the manufacturing sector, which was reflected in average prices the manufacturing companies charged.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand