US Feb manufacturing PMI continued to increase
The expansion was attributed to the improving domestic economic conditions and an increase in investment spending among energy sector clients.
The data also showed that the rate of job creation fell only slightly in February from a month earlier but it was still high, which caused manufacturers to hire more staff and increase their purchasing activity.
Plus, there was a jump in prices for raw materials in the manufacturing sector, which was reflected in average prices the manufacturing companies charged.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports