US Feb manufacturing PMI continued to increase
The expansion was attributed to the improving domestic economic conditions and an increase in investment spending among energy sector clients.
The data also showed that the rate of job creation fell only slightly in February from a month earlier but it was still high, which caused manufacturers to hire more staff and increase their purchasing activity.
Plus, there was a jump in prices for raw materials in the manufacturing sector, which was reflected in average prices the manufacturing companies charged.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers