US Fed issues rate hikes, two more to come in 2017
The decision to increase the rates was attributed to the improving US economy, highlighting the strengthening labor market as well as the increase in consumer spending and employment.
The Fed also said it is likely that they will issue two more rate hikes in 2017, three in 2018 and three in 2019 while they kept their estimates of economic growth at 2.1% for 2017/2018 and 1.9% for 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic