US Fed keeps rates stable, hints at possible hike in Sept
However, the Fed reported that near-term risks on economic growth have diminished with an improving labor market and higher household spending and retail sales. In the midst of the improving economic environment, the bank signaled that it may raise rates in September.
In June, the Fed reported that they need to see clear signs of a strengthening recovery in the economy before lifting rates.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high