US Fed keeps rates stable
The decision to keep the rates unchanged was attributed to President Trump’s awaited Fed leadership nominee, which is expected to be announced soon.
However, the US central bank is expected to increase its interest rates by December, according to the economists.
The US economy, meanwhile, showed a solid growth of 3% during the third quarter of the year while the unemployment rate decreased to a 16-year low of 4.2% despite the severe economical impacts of the recent hurricanes which hit the US in August and September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect