US PP falls further in China
However, buying interest for these cargoes remains limited, according to traders, despite the large decrease. This is because buyers are not willing to secure cargoes with long transit times given the uncertainty of the market trend.
“These cargoes will arrive in February and they can even be delayed to March. We do not know what the market will unveil by then,” said a Chinese distributor.
A trader also commented, “American producers are still suffering from high PP inventories ahead of the year end. In an attempt to deplete their stocks by late December, they are approaching their export destinations with attractive offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines