US PP falls further in China
However, buying interest for these cargoes remains limited, according to traders, despite the large decrease. This is because buyers are not willing to secure cargoes with long transit times given the uncertainty of the market trend.
“These cargoes will arrive in February and they can even be delayed to March. We do not know what the market will unveil by then,” said a Chinese distributor.
A trader also commented, “American producers are still suffering from high PP inventories ahead of the year end. In an attempt to deplete their stocks by late December, they are approaching their export destinations with attractive offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe