US PP falls further in China
However, buying interest for these cargoes remains limited, according to traders, despite the large decrease. This is because buyers are not willing to secure cargoes with long transit times given the uncertainty of the market trend.
“These cargoes will arrive in February and they can even be delayed to March. We do not know what the market will unveil by then,” said a Chinese distributor.
A trader also commented, “American producers are still suffering from high PP inventories ahead of the year end. In an attempt to deplete their stocks by late December, they are approaching their export destinations with attractive offers.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets