US PP raffia breaks below $1000/ton threshold in SEA
This week, the pressure was more visible as US PP raffia offers retreated further by $35-45/ton and broke below the $1000/ton threshold to be currently reported at $985-995/ton on CIF Vietnam, cash basis. The remaining offers in the import market stood at and above $1030-1050/ton CIF SEA, cash and therefore, this US offer was considered quite attractive.
Many Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian origins were mostly stable this week while Chinese offers responded to the downward pressure stemming from competitively priced US cargoes.
Chinese PP offers posted a $30/ton decrease on the high end to be reported at $1050-1070/ton on CIF SEA, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem