US PVC dealt with remarkable drops in Turkey
“We expect American offers to come down further in November and therefore, we are avoiding building up large stocks for now,” said the buyer.
Previously, players already commented that suppliers were open to negotiation in return for firm counter bids from converters considering the overall weakness of demand in Turkey.
American PVC prices followed a bearish trend in other export destinations as well this week with offers in China and Egypt moving further down below the $900/ton threshold. Moreover, US PVC showed up in Vietnam this week at $850/ton CIF and provided a competitive edge among other origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China