US PVC dealt with remarkable drops in Turkey
“We expect American offers to come down further in November and therefore, we are avoiding building up large stocks for now,” said the buyer.
Previously, players already commented that suppliers were open to negotiation in return for firm counter bids from converters considering the overall weakness of demand in Turkey.
American PVC prices followed a bearish trend in other export destinations as well this week with offers in China and Egypt moving further down below the $900/ton threshold. Moreover, US PVC showed up in Vietnam this week at $850/ton CIF and provided a competitive edge among other origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe