US PVC dealt with remarkable drops in Turkey
“We expect American offers to come down further in November and therefore, we are avoiding building up large stocks for now,” said the buyer.
Previously, players already commented that suppliers were open to negotiation in return for firm counter bids from converters considering the overall weakness of demand in Turkey.
American PVC prices followed a bearish trend in other export destinations as well this week with offers in China and Egypt moving further down below the $900/ton threshold. Moreover, US PVC showed up in Vietnam this week at $850/ton CIF and provided a competitive edge among other origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem