US PVC for Nov sold lower to China
“We managed to sell out our allocation for November at $950/ton, but we have heard that some other traders had to agree to steeper discounts in order to conclude deals. Demand is not very encouraging these days and we feel that there is a possibility that Asian producers might also agree to further reductions on their November prices,” the trader commented.
November offers for Asian origins currently stand $1000/ton CFR China, cash, $10-20/ton below the October done deal level.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Destocking activity sends Turkish PP, PE markets to multi-year lows
- Asia PET markets stay soft as supplies accumulate amid seasonal lull
- Price gap between PVC and HDPE pipe shrinks in Vietnam
- Spot C3 prices in Europe and Asia fall to new lows as supply lengthens
- European PE prices at a decade low, eroding demand for recycled grades
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene