US PVC output falls in April, sales hit 9 month high: ACC
Production posted a drop of 198.708 million lb (approximately 90,000 tons) while sales posted a monthly increase of 1.909 million lb (approximately 866,000 tons) to 1.345 billion lb (approximately 610,000 tons) in April, indicating a draw down in inventories of around 149.543 million lb (approximately 67,830 tons) on the month.
US exports increased 1.21% to 428.603 million lb (approximately 194,410 tons) on the month from 423.459 million lb (approximately 192,000 tons) in March while domestic sales fell to 916.148 million lb (approximately 415,557 tons) in April, indicating a 0.35% fall compared with 919.383 million lb (approximately 417,025 tons) in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm