US PVC output falls in April, sales hit 9 month high: ACC
Production posted a drop of 198.708 million lb (approximately 90,000 tons) while sales posted a monthly increase of 1.909 million lb (approximately 866,000 tons) to 1.345 billion lb (approximately 610,000 tons) in April, indicating a draw down in inventories of around 149.543 million lb (approximately 67,830 tons) on the month.
US exports increased 1.21% to 428.603 million lb (approximately 194,410 tons) on the month from 423.459 million lb (approximately 192,000 tons) in March while domestic sales fell to 916.148 million lb (approximately 415,557 tons) in April, indicating a 0.35% fall compared with 919.383 million lb (approximately 417,025 tons) in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades