US PVC output falls in April, sales hit 9 month high: ACC
Production posted a drop of 198.708 million lb (approximately 90,000 tons) while sales posted a monthly increase of 1.909 million lb (approximately 866,000 tons) to 1.345 billion lb (approximately 610,000 tons) in April, indicating a draw down in inventories of around 149.543 million lb (approximately 67,830 tons) on the month.
US exports increased 1.21% to 428.603 million lb (approximately 194,410 tons) on the month from 423.459 million lb (approximately 192,000 tons) in March while domestic sales fell to 916.148 million lb (approximately 415,557 tons) in April, indicating a 0.35% fall compared with 919.383 million lb (approximately 417,025 tons) in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov