US PVC prices ease down due to lack of interest in Turkey
Similarly, sellers stepped back from their high-end offers by $10-25/ton for US PVC cargos in nearby Egyptian market last week due to their slow sales performances in export markets.
Traders in Turkey admit that their US PVC offers are still not working even after their slight discounts while they attribute this situation to various reasons. One of them said, “Overall PVC demand is weak in Turkey as the season seems to be delayed until the second half of April. Tight supplies from Europe did not have a major impact on demand as many manufacturers, including the ones who have re-export documents, prefer to wait before their next purchase until after the referendum which will take place by the middle of next month.”
Moreover, buyers had secured plentiful American PVC cargos at the end of 2016. “We attended to a door and window fair two weeks ago which was not that vivid in terms of business. We feel that PVC buyers are counting onto their stocks for now given modest end product demand,” a seller mentioned. Another trader reported that some previously purchased cargos in December and January have just arrived due to some delays, which keep buyers covered for the time being.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September