US PVC prices ease down in Turkey, Egypt
In Turkey, American PVC k67 prices were pegged at $860-880/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% customs duty and 18.81% ADD, cash equivalent, $5-20/ton below last week. A buyer commented, “We felt that US prices were not as strong as before.” A trader, meanwhile, said, “US PVC makers are also set for a firm start to 2017 based upon the higher energy complex.” Higher spot ethylene prices in the US supported this view, as they were up by around $16/ton (0.75 cent/lb) on the week.
Similarly, import US PVC offers were down for the second week in a row and posted a decline of $5-20/ton from last week in Egypt. Import PVC offers were pegged at $870-900/ton CIF Egypt, 180 days deferred payment, around $845-874/ton on cash equivalent basis. Players blamed slow market activity in the US due to the year-end for suppliers’ price decreases on their export offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt