US PVC prices ease down in Turkey, Egypt
In Turkey, American PVC k67 prices were pegged at $860-880/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% customs duty and 18.81% ADD, cash equivalent, $5-20/ton below last week. A buyer commented, “We felt that US prices were not as strong as before.” A trader, meanwhile, said, “US PVC makers are also set for a firm start to 2017 based upon the higher energy complex.” Higher spot ethylene prices in the US supported this view, as they were up by around $16/ton (0.75 cent/lb) on the week.
Similarly, import US PVC offers were down for the second week in a row and posted a decline of $5-20/ton from last week in Egypt. Import PVC offers were pegged at $870-900/ton CIF Egypt, 180 days deferred payment, around $845-874/ton on cash equivalent basis. Players blamed slow market activity in the US due to the year-end for suppliers’ price decreases on their export offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons