US PVC prices ease down in Turkey, Egypt
In Turkey, American PVC k67 prices were pegged at $860-880/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% customs duty and 18.81% ADD, cash equivalent, $5-20/ton below last week. A buyer commented, “We felt that US prices were not as strong as before.” A trader, meanwhile, said, “US PVC makers are also set for a firm start to 2017 based upon the higher energy complex.” Higher spot ethylene prices in the US supported this view, as they were up by around $16/ton (0.75 cent/lb) on the week.
Similarly, import US PVC offers were down for the second week in a row and posted a decline of $5-20/ton from last week in Egypt. Import PVC offers were pegged at $870-900/ton CIF Egypt, 180 days deferred payment, around $845-874/ton on cash equivalent basis. Players blamed slow market activity in the US due to the year-end for suppliers’ price decreases on their export offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe