US PVC prices ease down in Turkey, Egypt
In Turkey, American PVC k67 prices were pegged at $860-880/ton CIF, subject to 6.5% customs duty and 18.81% ADD, cash equivalent, $5-20/ton below last week. A buyer commented, “We felt that US prices were not as strong as before.” A trader, meanwhile, said, “US PVC makers are also set for a firm start to 2017 based upon the higher energy complex.” Higher spot ethylene prices in the US supported this view, as they were up by around $16/ton (0.75 cent/lb) on the week.
Similarly, import US PVC offers were down for the second week in a row and posted a decline of $5-20/ton from last week in Egypt. Import PVC offers were pegged at $870-900/ton CIF Egypt, 180 days deferred payment, around $845-874/ton on cash equivalent basis. Players blamed slow market activity in the US due to the year-end for suppliers’ price decreases on their export offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?